Drug Treatment Centers Programs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Drug treatment centers offer comprehensive drug rehab for those with an addiction to illegal or prescription drugs or a severe drug abuse problem. Drug rehab programs offer medical detox, intensive treatment therapies, and aftercare programs to provide patients with the best possible chances of successful recovery from a drug addiction.
Learn more about drug treatment centers and treatment options when you call Drug Treatment Centers Pittsburgh at (412) 235-2317.
Who Needs the Services of Drug Treatment Centers?
Anyone who needs help quitting drugs can benefit from the services offered through drug rehab. The intense abuse of drugs can lead to an addiction, and getting help breaking the patterns of thought and behavior that contribute to drug abuse can help prevent an addiction. Once an addiction has set in, drug rehab centers help patients break both the physical and psychological addiction.
Signs that you or someone you love may have a drug addiction that requires treatment include:
- Continuing to abuse drugs despite negative health, legal, financial, and relationship consequences.
- The inability to quit using drugs despite wanting to stop or having tried to quit.
- Building up a tolerance to drugs.
- The onset of withdrawal symptoms associated with quitting drugs.
- Neglecting responsibilities and abandoning former hobbies.
A drug intervention that's organized and facilitated by a professional interventionist has a 90 percent success rate when it comes to those with an addiction agreeing to seek treatment. During an intervention, close friends and family members confront the person with the addiction and explain how it has affected them personally. The intervention ends with the loved one being offered the opportunity to go to rehab.
What Does a Drug Treatment Center Offer?
Rehabilitation centers offer treatments that vary based on the severity of a person's addiction, the type of substance being abused, and other personal aspects unique to each patient. Rehab through treatment centers begins with medical detox, which is followed by various treatment therapies that address the complex underlying issues that contributed to the addiction. After treatment is successfully completed, rehab treatment centers implement an aftercare program to help patients maintain sobriety once they return home.
- Inpatient treatment requires living at a residential facility, where the patient is able to focus fully on recovery without the interference of the stress and triggers of the outside world. For people with a long history of addiction or who aren't fully committed to recovery, inpatient treatment programs are essential.
- Outpatient treatment allows for more privacy. The patient continues to live at home, where responsibilities at work and school may still be met. For outpatient treatment to be successful, the patient needs to be fully committed to recovery and have strong support at home.
- Medical detoxification programs are the beginning of most rehab treatment plans. Patients are supervised by a team of physicians and mental health professionals and involves administering drugs as necessary to prevent or relieve uncomfortable or dangerous symptoms associated with withdrawal.
- Treatment therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy and motivational interviewing help patients become self-aware of their own personal issues surrounding the addiction.
- Relapse prevention plans offer ongoing support once treatment is complete and will usually include continued therapy, participation in self-help recovery groups, and other components that are individualized based on the patient's specific needs.
If you're unsure which type of program might be right for you or a loved one, talk with a mental health professional, who can help you decide. For help finding treatment centers, contact Drug Treatment Centers Pittsburgh at (412) 235-2317.